Essay No. 01
A house on fire
On the evening of last Saturday, we were having a tea party in our house. All of a sudden, the happy atmosphere of the party was disturbed by a loud noise. The guests in the party started running out of the house in a great confusion. I came outside, and found that the one of our neighbor had caught fire. The flames were rising high up towards the sky. Everybody feared that a big fire would spread in the whole colony. We got anxious to bring the fire under control. The wind fanned the flames. People want to put out the fire with buckets full or water and bags of sand.
The lady of the house was weeping bitterly. Her cries were heart rending. Her only son was sleeping on the upper story. The fire had not yet reached there. But cloud of smoke were summing out of the window of that room. Going to that story to save the boy meant sure death. I wanted to rush to the help of the injured boy but I had injured leg. A young boy offered to risk his life. The people put a ladder against the wall. The boy ran up like an arrow. He brought down the child out of the flames. Both the boy and the child were choked with smoke.
The fire began to die down. It took two hours to bring it down. The building was reduced to ashes. It was a terrible sight. Our neighbor was in great distress. None could say how the fire broke out. Some said that the fire was started by some mischievous people in the colony. Other said that it was due to the carelessness of the servant of the house who left a burning cigarette near some clothes. In any case, the owner of the house suffered a heavy loss. But god be thanked there was no loss of life. Everyone praised the young boy of his bravery.
Essay No. 2
A House on Fire
It was midnight , when hands of clock join palms. There was deep silence everywhere. I was enjoying a sound sleep in my room with my younger brother. All of a sudden, I was awakened by noise of foot steps outside. It appeared as if the people were running in the street. I got up and peeped down from the window. I came to know that the house of my friend Roshan was ablaze. I at once hurried to the spot.
The house was completely enveloped in flames. A strong wind formed the fire. The flames leapt to sky giving out the clouds of smoke. The owner of house was beating his breast, crying “ I am undone!, I have lost all!” the articles were lying scattered in the street. There was endless hurry and excitement. Many were busy in bringing buckets of water while other poured it on the fire. I, too, joined them, we tried our best to put out the fire, but all our efforts were in vain.
Soon the whole building with everything in it was burnt to ashes.
The fire brigade was rung up. In no time it was there. A crew of active men in brass helmets got to work and fire was brought under control in half an hour. God be thanked, the neighbouring houses were saved.
It is said that it was all due to the carelessness of the servant who was a heavy smoker. While smoking his pipe, he dozed off to sleep. The burning ashes from pipe fell down and set fire to the bed. Soon the fire spread in the whole building.
The loss was estimated at more than five lakhs. Everyone had a sympathy for the affected family. They were shifted to a nearby house and an emergency meeting of all the elders of the colony was called. It was decided that the house will be repaired as a joint venture by people.
God save everybody from such a calamity but we have to be very vigilant to keep away such an event and when we face one face it boldly as life is another name of a struggle.
Essay No. 03
A House on fire
I have often heard that smoking is injurious to health. It was, however, last Sunday that I realized that it could destroy a whole house and endanger the life of the dwellers.
Last Sunday, as I got up a bit late in the morning, I heard a loud noise outside in the street. At first, I dismissed it taking it for a noisy brawl between two quarrelsome neighbours who had recently shifted in our street from some other town.
The noise, however, was so loud that I could not help going out. To my great surprise, I found the people running towards the eastern side of the street. They had buckets of water and sand in their hands.
As I looked towards the east, I saw tall, forky flames of fire and clouds of smoke. Without wasting a moment, I rushed towards the side of flames.
I was greatly shocked to learn that the famous tailor, Mr. Rahmat Ali’s house was on fire. It was learnt that Ali being a chain smoker, could not resist smoking even while stitching costly clothes. As a speck of burning cigarette fell on the silk and polyester clothes, they caught fire. The fire spread to the other occupant of the house, Mr. Pritam Kumar who happened to be a cloth merchant and had dumped bundles of cotton, silk and polyester cloth in his rooms. He like Ali, was also a tenant in the house.
Needless to say that the fire engulfed the whole house and within a short period of the time, not only the costly cloth and stitched clothes but also all the furniture and wood articles such as doors, windows, ventilators, etc. were reduced to ashes. Meanwhile the landlord also arrived. He beat his breast in vain. All the people’s efforts to control fire were also futile. I rang up the fire brigade. It came within a few minutes and controlled the fire after a hard struggle of about two hours.
About evirtualguru_ajaygourThe main objective of this website is to provide quality study material to all students (from 1st to 12th class of any board) irrespective of their background as our motto is “Education for Everyone”. It is also a very good platform for teachers who want to share their valuable knowledge.
House on fire presents a very sorrowful sight. Last Sunday I was sleeping at night on the roof of my house. At about midnight I was suddenly awakened by cries of 'fire fire'. Looking outside, I found that a house was burning nearby. I rushed out with my two brothers and soon reached the place. I found that the house of Chand Kumar Mahato was burning. People were throwing water from buckets and sands in their hand, but a strong wind was blowing, and their efforts were in vain. The Fire Brigade, however, came there soon after and the fire was brought under control in an hour. By that time half of the home had been burnt down.Shri Chand Kumar Mahato suffered a heavy loss. It appeared that he would have to rebuild his home once again. Afterwards, it was found that the fire had been caused by the negligence of Ramu, the servant of the home, who had gone to sleep with a burning cigarette on his lips. Later on, the cigarette fell on his bed, and the clothes caught fire. This fire spread and soon the whole building was burning. The owner of the home suffered a significant loss.
Related Essays and Paragraphs for School Students.
Essay and Paragraph on Drug Addiction
Paragraph and Essay on Terrorism
Adult Education Essay, Paragraph